How Placements are Assigned:
- Graduating High School Seniors are given priority placement, as long as their application is received by April 1st.
- CA’s who have an adult volunteering with them at camp are placed next. The adult volunteer must be 18 and graduated 2019 or prior. It can be a parent, friend, relative, etc… The CA MUST enter the adult’s name during registration.
- Applications are divided into “want to work in a girl unit” and “want to work in a camptivity” groups. It is VERY important for CA’s to make this distinction clear during registration!!
- Assignments are made in the order that they are received…with the first application most likely to get first choice, etc.
- We attempt to pair a “more experienced” (10th – 12th grade) Camp Aide with a “less experienced” (7th – 9th grade) Camp Aide in each unit.
- In Camptivities, our goal is to maintain a balance of ages, as well as to maintain about 50% continuity from last year. With 50% being NEW to the Camptivity. If you have been assigned to the same camptivity for the last three years, you will most likely have a NEW assignment, so give particular thought when filling out your application.
The adult incentive for Priority Placement remains in place. CA’s are being asked to bring an adult volunteer (Staff) with them to camp and provide that name during registration. This is NOT a requirement to be a CA. You can still volunteer as a CA without bringing an adult with you. We understand that a lot of our CA’s cannot bring an adult volunteer, and we do not want to exclude anyone. Girls who will not have an adult volunteer need to register as soon as registration begins on February 1st to ensure they are at the top of the list. Chances are still good that you will be placed in an area of camp that you desire, but there are no guarantees (just like any other year).
- Those CA’s who have an adult volunteering at camp will be assigned in the first round of placements (after graduating seniors).
- NEW THIS YEAR!! CA’s with an Adult Volunteer working the full week of camp have the opportunity to register early starting on January 15th! The adult Staff Member MUST register first and will receive a link in his/her confirmation email for the CA to use to register.
- The adult volunteer needs to be at least 18 years old and graduated high school in 2018 or prior. It can be a parent, friend, relative, etc…
- They do NOT have to currently be a registered Girl Scout member. However Girl Scout registration will be required along with council approval for the background check prior to March 31, 2020.
- Siblings who are CA’s can use the same adult volunteer.
- Background on this change: The past few years our Adult Volunteer and camper numbers have been very low, and we are trying to boost both with this new process. Other camps require CA’s to have an adult volunteer at camp, but we did not want to be that restrictive.